Follow the Wizard is a main Quest in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. The task at hand is to find the powerful wizard Zandalor as he is Rivellon's greatest hope at defeating Leandra.
This quest can be obtained from the Servants when you meet them in The Hunt in Hunter's Edge quest.
- 57,000 XP
- Hacksaw Decapitator
- Obtain Icara's Blessing
- Find the Phantom Protection Amulet in the Wizard's home
- Speak with Greal the apprentice
- Find Shearah's House
- Deal with Balberith
- Obtain the Magic Rune Stone to enter into the Source Temple
- Pass the tests in the Source Temple
- Speak with Zandalor
- The quest initiates when you first speak with the Servants hiding in the cellar. They will tell you that Zandalor has gone to the Source Temple and left behind a message for Icara the White Witch.
- The servants will refuse to give you the message at first. So you will need to travel to Homestead, speak with Icara to receive Icara's Blessing which will help you convince the servants that you are on her side.
- The message will read that you should follow Zandalor to the Source temple. The servants will additionally inform you that you will need the Phantom Protection Amulet to survive in the Dark Forest.
- The Amulet can be found in the Wizard's house. It will be in his bedroom in a jewelry chest next to the waypoint portal. You do not need to wear the amulet to gain its protection, but only the character holding it will gain it.
- Then you need to make your way to the Dark Forest. You will need to use ONLY the character with the Amulet alone to get past the Poison Log. One you are away from the poison gas you'll be able to walk around normally, without fear of dying from poison. So once the lead character is in safety, you can use your Teleporter Pyramids to send the rest of your party to him.
- You will need to find Greal in the central part of the forest. He is Shearah's apprentice and he will will you that she was captured by Balberith the demon in her own house. He will also warn you that killing any of Balberith's minions on the way will only make him stronger.
- You can find Shearah's house in the north eastern corner of the Forest. You will find her and the demon in the basement.
- Balberith will ask you to make a deal with him so you will essentially have 3 options:
- Balberith will offer you a deal. This will give you a chance to become more Bold (initiative +1) or Cautious (sneaking +1). If you accept the deal, then Balberith will ask you to kill the demon Raalzen Ax'aroth, who can be found guarding the entrance to the Source Temple (#6). You'll have to kill Raalzen regardless, so Balberith's request isn't a big deal. However, if Jahan is in your party, then Balberith will reset him (which might cause him to lose some of his spells), and you'll have to reassign his points.
- If you refuse Balberith's deal, and if Jahan is in your party, then Balberith will ask you to hand over Jahan. This will give you a chance to become more Righteous (leadership +1) or Renegade (pickpocketing +1). If you acquiesce to Balberith's demand, then Jahan will disappear from your party forever.
- If you refuse both deals or demand that Balberith face you in battle, then you'll have to fight him. Balberith will immediately summon four Slaves of Torment, plus some cyclopes as well. The slaves will heal Balberith and improve his resistances, so you should target them first. However, you can't just ignore Balberith, or else he might take an interest in your spellcasters and defeat them quickly. So we'd recommend putting your best defensive character on Balberith while the rest of your party takes out the slaves and cyclopes.
- Either way, you will receive a Magic Rune Stone which allows you to enter the Source Temple.
- Go to the Source Temple located in the center of the forest. There are many Orcs, Goblins and Demons in your way so be prepared. Watch out for a unique Death Knight, Death Lord, who creates a lava surface and teleports you on it to instantly kill you. Enter the Source Temple when you reach there.
- You will meet Zandalor laying unconscious at the end of the temple. He will react to your presence and talk with you.