A Dark Matter is a main Quest in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. It forms part of the bigger quest Find the Witch. In this quest you will confront the Conduit to obtain "The Orders" that you need to break the force field blocking the entrance to the Hiberheim Castle. You need to enter the castle to free the White Witch, Icara.
The quest can be initiated by either speaking with the Immaculates at one of the three camps or Fabricio at the second of Three Immaculate Camps around Hiberheim. You will have to charm them in order to get this information. If you have already killed the Immaculates before they could say anything to you, then you can only initiate the quest upon reaching the Elemental Forge
- The Orders (Spell)
- 13,300 XP?
- Charm the Immaculates at one of Three Immaculate Camps to start the quest
- Speak with Fabricio to update / start the quest.
- Head to the Elemental Forge in the North-East corner of the map.
- Speak with the Conduit and defeat her 4 Initiates (2,475 XP each).
- Kill the Initiates. One will drop a spell name "The Orders". This will be useful in making your way into Hiberheim castle. "A Dark Matter" quest will complete (3,000 XP).
- Throughout Hiberheim, you will come across a few Immaculate Camps infested with Immaculates. You should avoid killing them until after updating the quests A Dark Matter and Eternal Winter. However do kill them after that as otherwise they disappear and strip you of that easy extra combat XP.
- Charm these Immaculates through RPS games to receive information that they are hunting imps to create a Blood Stone. As a good samaritan, you will stop this from happening.
- Head to the far north of Hiberheim to come across the Elemental Forge.
- Here you will encounter the Conduit. She will convert the four Immaculates with her into Enlightened Initiates, which are basically demons she will then command to attack you.
- These Initiates will be at Level 11 and cast spells and do melee damage as well.
- After the fight, one of them should drop a spell named "The Orders". You need to use this to break into the Hiberheim castle and complete the quests Eternal Winter and Find the Witch.