Pontius the Pirate is a level ?? Boss in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.
Pontius the Pirate
|Location||Black Cove (Cyseal)|
- Pontius can Haste and Rage himself.
- He can also make your characters Muted or Frightened.
- He will have with him 2 Pirate Bowmen(Rangers), 1 Pirate Pyromancer(Mage) and 2 Skeletal Pirates (Melee). 1200 XP each.
- He can teleport barrels directly onto players and cast Ethereal Soles.
- He will also cast Iron Command on any character that uses the Death Blaster.
- 1400 XP when killed, plus 1680 XP quest completion and +1 Reputation.
Tips & Tricks
- When you walk up initially, Pontius will start talking with one character. Do not end the dialog. Instead, have the other character run to the Death Blaster on the boat and enter stealth. When you end the dialog, you will start the battle and be able to shoot the gun on your teams turn and kill all enemies from stealth since you aren't in combat.
- There is Pontius's Death Blaster on the boat. Use it to destroy any enemy at random.
- NOTE: If you use the Death Blaster while not in combat, it can target anyone, including yourself.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
How to win without losing a single point of blood:
1. Separate 1 character from the group
2. Let the rest of the group trigger the dialogue with Pontius; the other character stay behind
3. Make the separated character sneak to the death blaster (Be careful of the mine on the plank of the ship)
4. Enter the combat. Your character at the death blaster should still be unseen by Pontius and NOT in the combat.
5. Wait until it's 1 of the characters' combat turn. Now you can shoot the death blaster until all the enemies are dead! (The 1 at the death blaster was unseen and outside the battle the whole time)