Slaves and Masters is a Side Quest in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.
- Up To 7150 XP (Depending on your choices)
- Talk to Yox
- Talk to Frederick
- Find "Latest Research"
- Talk to Yox again
- Tell Yox to stay / Return to Frederick.
- Talk to Frederick (he is at coordinate x:142 y:241, in a pool of blood)
- Then enter Maradino's Lair (it is accessible via a "Stone Slab" next to a tree on the cliff above Frederick).
- Clear out the Lair; while there, talk to Yox (near a campfire around coordinate x: 445, y:166)
- Yox will ask, "What can Yox possibly do?"
- 1) "This imp ought to stay here." (gain +1 Independent and 3150 exp) Yox remains in the cave as a result.
- 2) "It's time for Yox to face the music!" (quest ENDS, gain +1 Obedient and 4500 exp) Yox leaves the cave and dies.
- If you chose option 1, explore the cave and find Maradino's Latest Research, then brew the recipe (1 Apple, 1 Pumpkin) to create a "Filter of the Fearless Imp" potion.
- You will then need to do one of the following (likely due to a bug):
- Exit and re-enter the cave, then walk back to Yox.
- While in the cave, save game, exit to menu, then reload your save.
- With a character who has the potion, talk to Yox and choose to give him the "Elixir of Courage." (gain 4500 exp)
- Follow Yox to Frederick. (quest ENDS); note:
- If Frederick is alive, you can watch Yox confront him and you will be given an opportunity to resolve the Frederick's Blood Stone quest.
- If Frederick is dead, Yox will simply move on.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!